Sunday, May 30, 2010

Apology

"Sorry for not posting recently, I've been going through some things irl, and I'll try to get back to my regular posting as soon as I can..."

No. I read this constantly and it never fails to annoy me. There are a lot of blogs on the internet, and not all that many are commercial. How many of these writers are being paid to write? Those that are, perhaps, owe something to their readers. 

I do not write for money. I don't write for fame (or whatever the blogging equivalent can be considered as) and I certainly don't write for my readers. I write for myself. If along the way, what I choose to say is interesting or relevant to you, your life, or your work, then that's awesome. I enjoy the interaction - I don't crave it, but it does cast an interesting form of reflection over my writing. 

Perhaps if I was to promise a post of some sort to the regular readers, and then retract the statement, then I would feel as if I owe an explanation. But that is a matter of common courtesy, not as could be implied, a principle that I would feel myself required to respect.  


In short, no apology will be forthcoming if I haven't been posting at a pace on the blog that most people would consider optimal. Your readership is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment